Wednesday, June 3, 2009

WI and an update

Wow, it's been a whole week! Don't worry I haven't abandoned this blog like I did the other one (hehe). I've just had a crazy week! My parents came down last Wednesday night and built the playhouse for the kids (I'll upload pictures later). They left Monday afternoon. I took Kayla to a field trip most of the day on Monday and then we had soccer last night and I had Totnastics with Juliana this morning and then Jeff worked tonight. Plus I've been nursing myself back to health. I ended up going to the doctors with Kayla on Thursday and he gave me an antibiotic cause I have a sinus infection. And then I took Zachary tonight cause he's been fighting a fever for the past 3 days and he's got an ear infection and a little sinus infection maybe too. So he's on an antibiotic too. His fever was 103.6 when I put him to bed tonight! Man, it seems like our family is certainly keeping the companies that make antibiotics in business lately!

Now for my WI! I was down 1.6lbs today, so I am now at 166.2lbs! I am so happy that I had such a large loss today! While my parents were here we had burgers, pasta, steak, pizza, apple crisp, strawberries and angel food cake. Plus I didn't exercise once and I ate lots of other stuff too. Plus AF came today so I'm feeling bloated. I am really surprised I had that big of a loss! So I am only 6.2lbs away from the 150's!!!!!! If I do ok, I could possibly be there by vacation (July 4th) That gives me 4 WI's to lost the 6.2lbs, which is 1.6lbs per week. It'll be pushing it, but we'll see!

Kayla has been having a really tough time with hearing me lately. Actually for the past couple of months. She had an ear infection and I guess it probably didn't heal all the way or something like that cause she had some fluid in it still. I thought it was just built up ear wax but when I took her to see the doctor last Thursday, he said that she can't hear because her ears aren't functioning properly because of the fluid and mucus that's in her ears. So he referred her to a ENT to possibly have tubes put in to help with the draining. I don't know much about it, so I've been Googling it a bit and it seems like a pretty common thing. I'm not worried at all but just curious. He did say that it could clear up on it's own by the time we go but he doesn't like to take chances so just to be safe, he wants us to go see the ENT.

And I got my appointment for my referal to go see the vein clinic!!! I don't think I've mentioned it before but I have some varicose veins and spider veins from being pregnant. They aren't horrible but I really don't like them either. So I asked my doctor at my last appointment and he said that he would refer me and he said that because they really hurt during pregnancy (I could barely stand up they hurt so much) and still bug me sometimes, they could possibly be covered my OHIP or at least partially! So woo hoo! I've been wanting to get them taken care of but didn't want to spend the money. But Jeff said he wants me to be comfortable in my own skin so he wants me to do it. I know my legs will never be pre-baby shape again, but that doesn't matter to me. I'm not a young teenager with perfect skin anymore. I'm a 27 year old mother of 3 who has the battle wounds of pregnancy.

Anyways, Jeff just got home from training so I'm gonna go crash with him!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your weight loss!! You can so easily do 1.6 lbs per week! Healthily you can do up to 2 lbs per week of loss. My nutritionist says that the important thing is to make sure that you do drink 8 glasses of water a day, water retention has a lot to do with weight loss. And avoid carrots! They grow in the ground and act like a starch! I didn't know this! They're bad for weight loss.

    Have a great week! You can do the 6.2 before your vacation! I'm aiming to reach my goal by my birthday, I have 3 lbs to go to reach my initial goal, and I want to do it before my birthday which is the week after next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I never knew that about carrots, interesting to know though! Good luck with your goal, I'm sure you'll be able to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You're blogging again! You're doing awesome, keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok i wrote this big long comment and it got erased
    anyways, just checking in and saying hi
    congrats on the wi!
    i am doing well too!
    i am almost in the 160's and very excited about that!
    anyways, see you on tmp
    j

    ReplyDelete