Thursday, June 18, 2009

WI

Blah! I stayed the same this week and I totally knew that I would or gain. I had a bad week with lots of bad food. I need to stay away from crap and I need to do that now. Ugh.....

Anyways, FLYing is going great! I decluttered the bathroom the other day and today I went at the freezer, fridge and our lazy Susan. I don't think I have every cleaned that out since we've lived here, other than the odd thing. I pulled everything out, threw out expired or old stuff and ended up with another garbage bag full. I was having trouble fitting stuff in there and the freezer lately but now, both are pretty empty! My next task is the hall closet. We use it as a snack/storage for appliances closet and I know it really needs to be cleaned out. It's funny yet sad at the same time that every time my husband sees something else that I've done, he says "Ok, who are you and what have you done with my wife!" LOL! I've wanted to do all of this for so long but it always really overwhelmed me and I never did it. I would just do the usual cleaning and if we had company coming, I'd declutter obvious areas and usually put stuff where it shouldn't go just to get it out of site. But now I'm actually cleaning it all out! It feels really good to get up in the morning and see my kitchen spotless and my kitchen sink shiny! And then once we get up and get going for the morning, I go right to my bed, make it then do the "Swish and Swipe" (clean the counter off with a cloth, the sink and then swish the toilet with the brush and wipe down the lids etc) in the bathroom and then go unload the dishwasher. I spend so much less time doing dishes now. I used to wait and do them once a day, sometimes every other day if I was busy and I would spend 1/2 hour at least doing them. Now I spend about 5-10 mintues unloading the dishwasher in the morning, then after each meal I throw the dishes in, that takes maybe 10 minutes tops and then at night before bed, I run it. I'm loving this!!!!!

Anyways, gonna go crash. Oh and for inspiration for anyone who is interested in FLYlady, but hasn't done it yet, here's my sink!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous sink Amanda :) I love being greeted by my super clean sink every morning too!

    ReplyDelete