Thursday, May 14, 2009

Ouch!

So I did the first workout of the Shred DVD and wow! That is a hard workout! I think it's definitely the hardest one I've ever done! It's really fun in a way though too. It starts out with 2 minutes of warm up with some different stretches. Then it goes into the 1st of 3 circuits. 3 minutes of strength -- some pushups and other things, but I can't remember. 2 minutes of cardio -- some jumping jacks and can't remember (LOL!). Then 1 minute of abs. And without any breaks at all, you jump right into the 2nd circuit with 3 minutes of strength etc. There are 3 circuits in total and then 2 minutes of cool down. Wow, my arms were about to fall off when I was done. I only used 3lb hand weights but it was still very tough. Especially when I had to do side lunges while lifting the weights up to chest level (can't remember what it was called, LOL!) I know I'm going to be very sore tomorrow, but it is so worth it! She said in the video that you won't get results without basically kicking your butt! So I did some measurements and I'm going to see in a few weeks if I've lost anything. I'm going to try to do it again tomorrow but we'll see how sore I am! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment