Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Temptation rejected!

Well, I must say that I am very proud of myself! There is left over cake from Juliana's party and I would have normally had a piece of it last night. But I looked at it and didn't want any! I really need to start doing more of that so I can finally get on track. Jeff likes to joke that we need to have another kid so I'll lose my weight cause I couldn't lose it after Kayla, I succeeded after Juliana and can't do it after Zach! I told him no way!

My legs are a little sore today after running last night. But I guess I should have expected that since I have done squat in the past few months and then started up on the treadmill just recently. I'm taking the kids and dog for a walk this morning but I won't run again until tomorrow, so I can give my legs a rest.

I spent a good chunk of time last night reading really old posts from a few of my blogs and I can't believe how skinny I got after Juliana! I was down 40lbs from now and I really want to get there. I feel like I have a new sense of motivation right now. I don't know if it's Jeff's comment or seeing skinny pics of me or seeing myself in the mirror now but I really want to do it this time. I know it's going to be a long journey but I really want to get there. I'm hoping that if I stick to it I'll be at goal around Christmas. That gives me 41 weeks or so. That means I need to lose on average 1lb a week. I'm giving myself that much time cause we have a 2 week vacation in there and I want to enjoy myself a bit. I haven't signed up for Weight Watchers yet cause I've signed up many times before and never used it. But now that the computer is upstairs it will be a lot easier. So I'm going to give myself 2 weeks, if I can stay on track for that long, I'll sign up again. I have a points calculator and have an idea of how many I get a day so I can roughly do it. I really want to succeed this time. I'm sick of looking in the mirror and hating what I see. My clothes don't fit nicely and for the last few months I've been able to hide under a sweater, but now that the weather is getting nicer I won't be able to do that much longer. I want to be able to wear a t-shirt and not look like the Michelan man anymore. I want to be able to go swimming at the cottage and feel ok about it. I want to wear shorts and not feel like I'm going to start a fire from my legs rubbing together! So I don't know if anyone even reads this anymore, but I know that when I was doing WW last time, I had a blog and that really helped me keep myself accountable. So even if only 1 person reads this, then I have that 1 person to hold me accountable. I can do it, I've done it before. I went from 185 to 142 just before I got pregnant with Zachary. Just over 40lbs in 9 months. So join me on the journey, it should be interesting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment